Friday, June 19, 2009

Peaceful Spring Evening





When we lived in Baldwin, we used to walk by this pond several times a week.








It is such a peaceful place. The buildings and trees around it are old and give the whole area such amazing atmosphere.












There are always people out walking with their kids, or dogs. This particular evening, there was a boy learning to ride his bike without training wheels. His dad was there helping him along. His mom had the camera. And he did it. By the time I left, he was even falling with style.












An older couple was out for an evening stroll. They had their camera, as well. Searching for the first of the flowers. And once they got off the sidewalk, they found some, just as I did.












Three old men stood at a crossroads in the sidewalk. Just talking and laughing. Enjoying a spring evening in Kansas. They were there when I arrived and there when I left, over an hour later.












I like to people watch. It's especially fun when I get to watch the people, but come away with images like these.

No comments: