Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Enchanting Old Barns

Here are some images from a friend's family farm.








The property is just on the edge of town. It is one of the places we go to hang out and play music. Most of the time there is enough to do that I don't really think about taking photos of the buildings and such.












But one evening, we went out there and it was just Zac, the kids and myself. There was so much to see, that is, if I could keep the mosquitoes from biting me long enough to set up the shot.












There are also some foxes who have taken up residence in one of the old barns. Unfortunately, when they came around, it was a little too dark for me to get any photos of them.












I love the texture of the old and worn. To me, it tells a story. A story of a time when life was so very different from today.












I will definitely be going back again to see what I can see. I've heard, if you go in the barns, there are even more hidden treasures.

1 comment:

Scot said...

#3, the hook latch, I love the worn places where that metal rubbed against the wood for decades, a new or different latch could never find a home in it's place.
Great work Sarah, you continue to delight!