Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holiday Favorites

Again this year, it seems as though the holidays have blown right past, leaving us in the dust. I absolutely cannot believe how quickly it went by. We had some good times. Times when I was glad we were back in good ol' Kansas. We got to make gingerbread houses (well, graham cracker, anyway) with Grandma. The kids had so much fun and loved them so much that after I had all the other Christmas decorations back in their totes, they remained displayed in our living room.






And when I did try to discard them...there was much dispute. We compromised on taking a few photos of them that I could print off and give the kids.






There were also times I wished we were back in Alaska, having a quiet holiday season.






We got a kitty for the kids for Christmas (and, I can't lie...for me too :) Meet Lexi:






She is the sweetest little kitty. Just the last couple of days, she has started coming up when the kids are still awake. Slowly but surely she is getting used to our rambunctious and intense house, completely unlike her previous dwelling.






She'll get there, though. The kids adore her immeasurably and are doing quite well with her already.



Here's to a peaceful and fulfilling 2009.



No comments: