Saturday, December 27, 2008

Maebelle and Orion

There is a Hamlin tradition that started probably long ago where the kids make Sour Cream cookies for Christmas. These cookies have to be mixed one day, then you let them sit in the cold (this year outside) for at least a day, then they can be baked. After baking and cooling, the kids get to decorate them, which takes place on yet another day. This year, Maebelle and Orion got to help decorate the cookies.






And the table (if you look closely, you can see green sprinkles all over the table, and his hands.)






And their faces.









And Great Grandma Hamlin told us on Christmas day that she found frosting all over the chair. It was a great time and Maebelle actually let me take some photos of her. She must have been so busy decorating and having so much fun, that she didn't even mind the camera. It was nice.



I was also able to get a few good shots on another recent evening. I have been really fascinated with this effect lately. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.









I hope you have a peaceful new year!

2 comments:

Scot said...

I love the photos and LOVE those kids!!!

Sarah said...

Thank you, and they're easy to love, huh!