Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Settled behind our townhouse in Fairbanks, there was a small building that appeared to have no entrance. One day while playing with the kids at the playground out back, I noticed these chairs. Just sitting there. Behind that odd building.








I was immediately intrigued. Where did they come from? How long had they been there? Surely they arrived recently, right? I would have noticed if they had been there before.








The color, the texture, the contrast...Mmmmm. So bright. So intense.








I watched them for quite a few days, maybe even weeks. Wondering who they belonged to, who would just leave them outside? If I had the place (and a completely different life), I would set them up in my ultra modern house where they would be my piece of art. For me to view every day, just as they are. I could look at them forever.








I am so inspired by them. They make me want to create (no, not babies). And these foxtails are just as enticing as the chairs. Bringing to life something inside of me. The artist, I guess.




No comments: