Monday, December 10, 2012

Flowers and Gingerbread Houses






Earth Flowers are some of the best flowers grown.






This bouquet, Orion picked it out for me. :) He chose a beautiful one! I like the mixture of yellows and golds with the pinks. Nice fall colors with a hint of pretty and pink.






They brought them home to me the week before I took these pictures - on about the 10 of November. I had to toss them out this last Sunday. And that was only because they had bugs. The chrysanthemums and the daisy looking things still looked pretty. They lasted a month. Easily. Like I said, they are amazing!






I got to know Homer a little while I worked at The Merc and he is one of the nicest people you'll ever come in contact with. If you are ever in need of flowers - try Earth Flowers, I don't think they have website, but you can purchase them at The Merc and possibly at Henrys' Plant Farm.






And that, above, is a purple, spiky, grassy plant thing that Zac bought when we moved into this house. It was basking in some Saturday morning sun and it totally drew me in as I walked around it. So then I had to photograph it.

Look at those eyes:






My mom, Brandy, McKenzie, Maebelle, Orion and I built a gingerbread house for the Topeka Gingerbread Homes for the Holidays.












Here's the finished product.












And the kids were able to make their own house after we viewed the others and voted on the best one at the show.















Maebelle likes to eat the frosting more than she likes to use it on the house. Therefore, she tried to save as much as she could. Since she was trying to use the frosting so sparingly, the roof kept falling off. Brandy tried to help her, below. But by the time we got to the car, both her house and Orion's had already fallen apart. O'well. It was fun to make them!






After the gingerbread houses, we went to Gage Park and the kids played while my mom and I had a chance to talk and hang out. It was a wonderful day! Girl talk with my mom doesn't happen very often and it was a great time! And with that, the holidays begin. :)

No comments: