Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Jammin' at Hippie Jack's 2010, Part 1



So we did end up going to Jammin' at Hippie Jack's this year. Since Zac had a new job, we weren't able to leave until Friday afternoon. Which meant we didn't make it to Tennessee until early Saturday morning. We missed Malcom Holcombe on Friday and the pot luck on Thursday, but it was still definitely worth it!

It seemed like every time I went up to listen to music, the Flea Market Hustlers were playing. And they were usually soon followed by Jay Clark...which were about the only two people I got to hear last year since the kids required so much. But they were both very good and I enjoyed hearing them again.






While they were playing I found these wonderful girls dancing.

































The kids tent had expanded this year. Although much to Orion's dismay, there was no lawn mower. I think there were quite a few more kids there this year, too.


















I loved this setup of tents. The color and darkness of the trees against the brightness of the flag was perfect.






One of the boys at the kids tent created this. I love it!






It inspired Zac to make these...















They had boxes that the kids could take fishing down at the creek. I know it's hard to see, but this little fisher got a small one.









I think this cement truck with the real sand took the place of the mower.





















And this is one of my favorites of the whole weekend.






Part 2 still to come.

No comments: