Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Greatest Show on Earth

First of all, let me say...I love the snow! This much snow has been heaven!












More on that to come soon...now on to the point of this post. For our 5th anniversary this year, Zac and I went to the Dave Rawlings Machine (click here for DRM) concert at the Granada in Lawrence.








Allison Olassa and her friend (forgive me, neither Zac nor I caught his name) opened for them. For a few songs, Allison played the accordion, something you don't see often. It was refreshing. I enjoy the accordion.












Then for the real fun...




















This was the second time we have seen the Dave Rawlings Machine in concert and they were, yet again, amazing. A few years ago we saw them at the Waiting Room in Omaha and it was quite different.
















This show had much more energy at times with the addition of Ketch Secor, Willie Watson and Morgan Jahnig (all from Old Crow Medicine Show...click here for OCMS). They are all brilliant musicians and it is obvious that they spend a lot of time playing together. I can't get enough of Dave Rawlings and Gillian Welch.












Thanks to the Dave Rawlings Machine for another incredible show!

No comments: