Sunday, August 9, 2009

My Grandma's Garden

I know that I did a blog similar to this on Myspace a couple of years ago. But I was at my grandma's house one day earlier in the summer with the kids and I was enjoying looking at her flowers. I missed them last year. I started taking photos and talking to her about them.












It was nice to get to talk to her about what she is passionate about. She knows so much about the flowers and can remember lots of the names, even though there are probably a thousand.












The flowers must understand that she loves them. They seem to grow so perfectly for her. Every one beautiful in it's own way. Some frilly and pretty, some smooth yet bold.












Her gardens are such a peaceful place to be. Their backyard takes me back to childhood. Running through the grass (the perfect grass), playing croquet, NOT picking the flowers. :)












There will always be a place in my heart for my grandma's garden. Her garden represents her in so many ways - so beautiful, so full of life and love.




3 comments:

Scot said...

Very nice.

Amanda said...

I remember that grass! oh it's sooo soft, better than lots of carpet!! These are beautiful! are the shots of the wood from her garden too?

Sarah said...

The fence is from the entrance to her garden but the other two with the iron aren't. I thought they looked okay with these, though. Thanks to both for your comments!